Emergency Response Program
The Emergency Response Program responds to hazardous materials and other environmental health emergencies in San Francisco.
Principal Activities and Services
- Serve as 24-hour technical consultants to the San Francisco Fire Department during all hazardous materials incidents in the City.
- Maintain the City Area Plan for handling hazardous materials incidents.
- Facilitate hazardous materials training for City public safety officers.
- Assist in implementation of Metropolitan Medical Task Force (Chemical and Biological Terrorism Response).
- Participate in the Departmental Emergency Response Committee.
- Serve as staff at the City Emergency Command Center in the event of a disaster.
- Maintain the San Francisco Local Oil Spill Contingency Plan.
- Serve on the San Francisco Bay/San Joaquin Delta Area Planning Committee which has developed a regional response plan.
In the event of an emergency involving a life-threatening environmental hazard, call 911. Do not contact the Health Department directly. On-call staff respond only to requests from the San Francisco Fire Department, the San Francisco Police Department, or other public safety agencies.
San Francisco Police Department
San Francisco Fire Department