San Francisco Nutrition Services
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What population do you serve?
A: Patients of San Francisco General Hospital Clinics and Community Health Network (CHN) health centers.
Q: What languages are spoken?
A: English, Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Interpreters are utilized for other languages.
Q: Is there a fee for the nutrition services you provide?
A: Each patient will have eligibility determined at time of registration.
Q: Is Outpatient Nutrition working on any special projects/initiates?
A: Outpatient Nutrition is currently working on several diabetes prevention and treatment programs. Please contact us to learn more about these programs.
Q: What services does Outpatient Nutrition offer?
- Medical Nutrition Therapy by Registered Dietitians, who cover 12 hospital-based
and CHN Health Clinics.
- Individual nutrition assessment and education for chronic disease treatment and
- HIV and Oncology nutrition services
- Perinatal nutrition: Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) for
pregnant women: normal and high risk. Sweet Success program – part of California
Diabetes and Pregnancy Program for women with gestational diabetes; lactation
counseling; breastfeeding support groups and classes. Women’s health: Diabetes
prevention; weight management.
- Pediatric nutrition: work with interdisciplinary team to support at-risk families;
nutrition counseling for overweight and obese children; well-baby care.
- Diabetes self management classes/support groups
- Referrals to community resources