Base Closure Program
The Base Closure Program monitors environmental remediation at the Hunters Point Shipyard and enforces San Francisco Health Code regulations governing shipyard redevelopment. The program ensures that redevelopment work that disturbs soils be conducted in a safe manner and protects the public's health.
Principal Activities and Services
- Perform professional engineering work in the field and office.
- Review Technical Environmental Reports produced by the Navy.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, standards, specifications and performance.
- Conduct meetings and public hearings; make presentations to staff, committees, boards, commissions, approval agencies and general public.
- Conduct report review, approvals, and periodic inspections for Article 31 of the Health Code.
Making a Complaint
For complaints, call or visit 311, or visit our complaint page.
Office of Community Investment and Infrastructure
US EPA Superfund Site: Region 9
US Navy's Regional Base Realignment and Closure Program