San Francisco Department of Public Health
HEALTH COMMISSION MEETING
Tuesday, January 22, 2002
101 Grove Street, Room #300
San Francisco, CA 94102
THE BUDGET COMMITTEE OF THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE CONSENT CALENDAR ON THIS AGENDA AT 2:30 P.M. THE HEALTH COMMISSION WILL ACT ON THOSE ITEMS OF THE CONSENT CALENDAR, WHICH HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL BY THE BUDGET COMMITTEE.
PUBLIC COMMENTS WILL BE TAKEN FOR EACH AGENDA ITEM.
1) CALL TO ORDER
2) PROPOSED ACTION: APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF JANUARY 8, 2002
*Minutes of January 8, 2002
3) PROPOSED ACTION: APPROVAL OF THE CONSENT CALENDAR OF THE BUDGET COMMITTEE
(Commissioner David J. Sanchez, Jr., Ph.D.)
(3.1) CHN-SFGH Nursing Operations - Request for approval of new contracts with Code Blue Solutions, LLC, Maxim Healthcare Services and Medical Staffing Network, Inc., and contract modifications with C. W. Healthcare Services, HRN Services, Inc., Medstaff, Inc., Nurse Providers, Inc. and United Nursing International, for a combined total of $1,500,000 for supplemental, temporary per diem and traveling nurse personnel services for San Francisco General Hospital, Community Health Network, for the period of September 1, 2001 through August, 31, 2002.
* Calendaring request memo, Vendor price lists, New Vendor information page
(3.2) CHP-Primary Care - Request for approval of a new retroactive sole source contract with Shanti Project, in the amount of $175,000, to provide LifeLines project services that support women living with breast cancer, for the period of October 1, 2001 through June 30, 2002.
* Calendaring request memo
(3.3) PHP-Emergency Medical Services - Request for approval to accept and expend a new grant from the California State Emergency Medical Services Authority, in the amount of $912,440, to promote access to trauma care at the Trauma Center, San Francisco General Hospital, for the period of July 1, 2001 to June 30, 2002.
* Calendaring request memo, Grant information form
(3.4) PHP-AIDS Office - Request for approval to retroactively accept and expend a subcontract from the Regents of the University of California, San Francisco, Office of Research Administration, in the amount of $241,549, for a collaborative study of prevention for HIV-positive persons, for the period of September 30, 2001 to September 20, 2002.
* Calendaring request memo, Grant information form, Budget pages
4) FOR DISCUSSION: DIRECTOR'S REPORT
(Mitchell H. Katz, M.D., Director of Health)
(Report on activities and operations of the Department.)
5) PRESENTATION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION AWARDS FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY
*List of Awardees
6) FOR ACTION: ELECTION OF PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT OF THE HEALTH COMMISSION FOR 2002
7) FOR DISCUSSION: DEPARTMENTWIDE CAPITAL PROJECT UPDATE
(John Kanaley, Sr. Associate Administrator for Support Services)
8) FOR DISCUSSION: EVALUATION OF THE USE OF PBM FOR MEDICAL PATIENTS
(Sharon Kotabe, Director of Pharmaceutical Services, CHN)
9) PUBLIC COMMENTS**
* Explanatory documents are available at the Health Commission Office, 101 Grove Street, Room #311, telephone 554-2666.
** Opportunity for members of the public to address the Health Commission on items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Health Commission. Additionally, public comments will be taken for each agenda item.
Link to 'Find It' page
Link to this site's Home page
Link to Cityspan
Any questions, comments, or suggestions pertaining to this site may be directed to the DPH Webmaster
© Copyright 2001, Department of Public Health, City and County of San Francisco