San Francisco Department of Public Health
AGENDA: HEALTH COMMISSION MEETING
Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 3:00 p.m.
101 Grove Street, Room #300
San Francisco, CA 94102
THE BUDGET COMMITTEE OF THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE CONSENT CALENDAR ON THIS AGENDA AT 2:30 P.M. THE HEALTH COMMISSION WILL ACT ON THOSE ITEMS OF THE CONSENT CALENDAR, WHICH HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL BY THE BUDGET COMMITTEE
PUBLIC COMMENTS WILL BE TAKEN FOR EACH AGENDA ITEM
1) CALL TO ORDER
2) PROPOSED ACTION: APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF MAY 20, 2003
*Minutes of May 20, 2003
3) PROPOSED ACTION: APPROVAL OF THE CONSENT CALENDAR OF THE BUDGET COMMITTEE
(Commissioner Lee Ann Monfredini)
(3.1) CHN-Health Information Services - Request for approval of three contract renewals with the following firms: Mediscript Medical Transcription, Pacific Medical Transcription and Transcription Stat, Inc., for a combined total amount of $905,000, to provide as-needed medical transcription services for the Health Information Services, San Francisco General Hospital, Community Health Network, for the period of July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2005.
* Calendaring request memo, Vendor rates page, Monitoring report summaries
(3.2) AIDS Office-Prevention - Request for approval of a retroactive renewal contract with CompassPoint Nonprofit Services, in the amount of $105,310, to provide organizational development and technical assistance, for the period of April 1, 2003 through December 31, 2003.
* Calendaring request memo, Monitoring report summary
(3.3) AIDS Office-Prevention - Request for approval of a retroactive new contract with San Francisco Study Center, in the amount of $160,000, to coordinate a community-wide planning process targeting the HIV prevention services provider community and HIV prevention services staff, for the period of March 1, 2003 through June 30, 2003.
* Calendaring request memo
(3.4) CHSS-Immunizations - Request for approval of a retroactive new sole source contract with Mount Zion Health Fund, in the amount of $207,191, to provide support services to the San Francisco Immunization Coalition, for the period of October 15, 2002 through June 30, 2005.
* Calendaring request memo
(3.5) CBHS-Substance Abuse - Request for approval of a contract renewal with Ohlhoff Recovery Programs, in the amount of $376,615, to provide residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment services targeting women and adolescents, for the period of July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004.
* Calendaring request memo, Monitoring report response letter, Monitoring report summaries, Corrective action plans, Client demographic information form
4) FOR DISCUSSION: DIRECTOR'S REPORT
(Mitchell H. Katz, M.D., Director of Health)
(Report on activities and operations of the Department.)
5) FOR DISCUSSION AND ACTION: PRESENTATION OF A RESOLUTION SUPPORTING SAN FRANCISCO WOMEN'S HEALTH PLAN
(Maria Cora, Women's Health Coordinator)
6) FOR DISCUSSION: STATE BUDGET UPDATE
(Colleen Johnson, Assistant Director of Policy and Planning)
7) FOR DISCUSSION: SAN FRANCISCO GENERAL HOSPITAL REBUILD UPDATE
(Tony Wagner, Chief Executive Officer of Hospital Systems)
8) PUBLIC COMMENTS
* Explanatory documents are available at the Health Commission Office, 101 Grove Street, Room #311, telephone 554-2666.
** Opportunity for members of the public to address the Health Commission on items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Health Commission. Additionally, public comments will be taken for each agenda item.
Link to 'Find It' page
Link to this site's Home page
Link to SFGov, San Francisco City & County Web site
Any questions, comments, or suggestions pertaining to this site may be directed to the DPH Webmaster
© Copyright 1998-2003, Department of Public Health, City and County of San Francisco