Minutes of the Health Commission Meeting
MINUTES OF THE
SPECIAL CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION
AND SPECIAL MEETING OF THE HEALTH COMMISSION
Tuesday, February 8, 1999
at 101 Grove Street, Room #300
San Francisco, CA 94102
1) CALL TO ORDER
The special meeting of the Health Commission was called to order by President Lee Ann
Monfredini, at 9:05 a.m.
- Commissioner Edward A. Chow, M.D.
- Commissioner Roma P. Guy, M.S.W.
- Commissioner Ron Hill
- Commissioner Lee Ann Monfredini
- Commissioner Harrison Parker, Sr., D.D.S.
- Commissioner David J. Sanchez, Jr., Ph.D.
- Commissioner John I. Umekubo, M.D.
2) PUBLIC COMMENT ON ALL MATTERS PERTAINING TO THE CLOSED SESSION
Public Speaker: Jessica Ravitz, Antidefamation League, questioned and challenged
3) VOTE ON WHETHER TO HOLD CLOSED SESSION TO CONFER WITH LEGAL COUNSEL. (SAN
FRANCISCO ADMINISTRATIVE CODE SECTION 67.11(a).)
Action Taken: The Commission unanimously voted to hold a closed session.
The Commission went into closed session at 9:09 a.m.
4) CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - ANTICIPATED LITIGATION:
______X_____ AS DEFENDANT __________ AS PLAINTIFF
CLOSED SESSION PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54956.9(b)(3)(B), REGARDING THE
DENIAL OF A CONTRACT WITH CATHOLIC YOUTH ORGANIZATION (CYO), AND CONSIDERATION OF A
PROPOSED CONTRACT WITH CATHOLIC CHARITIES WITH RESPECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH HEALTH
COMMISSION POLICY #24
The Commission came out of closed session at 10:23 a.m.
5) RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION:
A. POSSIBLE REPORT ON ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION. (GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION
54957.1(a)(2) AND SAN FRANCISCO ADMINISTRATIVE CODE SECTION 67.14(b)(2).)
B. VOTE TO ELECT WHETHER TO DISCLOSE ANY OR ALL DISCUSSIONS HELD IN CLOSED SESSION (SAN
FRANCISCO ADMINISTRATIVE CODE SECTION 67.14(a).)
Action Taken: The Commission unanimously voted not to disclose any of the
discussions held in closed session.
6) CONSIDERATION OF POTENTIAL AMENDMENTS TO POLICY #24, PROPOSED DRAFT TO HEALTH
This item was not discussed.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:25 a.m.
Sandy Ouye Mori, Executive Secretary to the Health Commission