Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration
San Francisco Department of Public Health Policy & Procedures Library
The Library has twelve pre-determined categories for policies and procedures, and they include:
- City-Owned Resources: Involving city-owned property, incl. vehicles, communication devices, computers, etc.
- Client/Patient Services: Applying to the delivery of services to DPH clients and/or patients.
- Compliance: Relating to the processes that exist to meet legal regulations and contractual obligations.
- Contracts: Describing contracts management rules and instructions.
- External Affairs: Explaining how employees should approach interactions with outside parties, including the Board of Supervisors, City Attorneys, media, other governmental agencies, etc.
- Fiscal: Including policies from the DPH Accounting Office, purchasing guidelines, travel reimbursement for staff, etc.
- Health Commission: Pertaining to the SF Health Commission.
- Human Resources: Explaining employee rights and responsibilities from the City and County of San Francisco or DPH Human Resources departments.
- Information Systems: Detailing the manner in which DPH’s IS Section maintains computer programs, data, including how electronic information is secured and protected.
- Workplace Safety: Relating to workplace safety.
- Privacy: Outlining the Health Insurance and Portability Act (HIPAA), as well as guidance on other privacy-related issues.
- General Administration: Information and instructions that do not reasonably fit into any other category.
Category #1: City-Owned Resources
Staff Internet Usage Policy
Speech Recognition Software
Category #2: Client/Patient Services
CBHS Policies & Procedures; click here to find the policies and procedures that affect CBHS programs (Civil Service and/or Contract)
Youth Development Standards of Practice
Category #3: Compliance
Compliance Policy: Operation of a Compliance Program
Compliance Program: Mission, Elements, and Responsibilities
Compliance Program Code of Conduct: Initial and Annual Acknowledgement Requirements
Consent for Minors
Determining the Eligibility of Patients/Clients for Healthcare Benefits
Identity Data: Ethnicity Guidelines
Identity Data: Sex & Gender Guidelines
Records Management Policy
Zero Waste Policy
Category #4: Contracts
Category #5: External Affairs
Creation and Use of Logos, Websites, and Social Media
Distinction between DPH Jobs and Personal Causes
Using the Office of the City Attorney
Category #6: Fiscal
Invoice Procedures Manual
Parking Permits/Pre-Paid Parking Cards
Parking Permits/Pre-Paid Parking Cards: SFMTA Internal City and County Agency Order Form (Attachment A)
Parking Permits/Pre-Paid Parking Cards: Requisition Form (Attachment B)
Procurement and Accounts Payable Process Manual
Advance Payment to Contractors
Staff Training & Travel Guidelines
Staff Training & Travel Guidelines - Checklist (Attachment)
Category #7: Health Commission
Category #8: Human Resources
Citywide Harassment-Free Workplace Policy
Incident Command System Basic Training Requirements
Lactation Accomodation Policy
Language Diversity Policy
Non-Clinical DPH Internships
Statement of Incompatible Activities
Prohibition of Violence in the Workplace
Additional HR Policies and Related Information
Category #9: Information Systems
Remote Access to Microsoft Office 365 (O365) Email
Category #10: Workplace Safety
Prohibition of E-Cigarette use at Department of Public Health Facilities
Temporary Transitional Work Assignment Program
Respiratory Protection Program
Sharps Containers in Ivy Street Alley
Category #11: Privacy
Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information
Data Security Policies (Computer Information & Privacy)
Category #12: General Administration
DPH Policy on Development and Maintenance of Departmental Policies
DPH P&P Template: Attachment to DPH Policy on Development & Maintenance of Departmental Policies
Healthy and Sustainable Food Policy for Food Served at SFDPH Events, Programs, & Institutions
Healthy Vending Machines