Pesticide Use Enforcement Program
The goal of the Pesticide Use Enforcement Program is to ensure the proper and safe application of pesticides by homeowners and industry in the City and County of San Francisco.
Principal Activities and Services
- Issue restricted pesticide material permits.
- Monitor pesticide applications for safety and environmental compliance.
- Investigate pesticide related illnesses and complaints.
- Enforces State and Federal laws and regulations governing pesticide use by pest control companies, agricultural operations and other pesticide handlers.
- Inspect application equipment, pesticide storage sites, employee training documents and business use records.
- Provide information to homeowners and industry on the appropriate use of pesticides.
- Provide placement and servicing of insect traps to detect exotic pests such as Medfly, Gypsy Moth and Japanese Beetle.
Making a Complaint
If you would like to make a complaint regarding an improper pesticide application or a related matter, click here.