Hazardous Materials and Waste Program
The Hazardous Materials and Waste Program is the state designated enforcement program in San Francisco for the Hazardous Materials Unified Program Agency (HMUPA). The Hazardous Materials and Waste Program implements six state environmental mandates and two local mandates. Staff inspect regulated businesses at least once every three years.
Regulated Hazardous Materials Activities
For information about each program element visit the following pages:
• Aboveground Petroleum Storage
• California Accidental Release Prevention Program
• Chlorofluorocarbon Recycling
• Hazardous Materials Storage and Use
• Hazardous Waste Generation
• Hazardous Waste Treatment
• Medical Waste Generation
• Underground Storage Tanks
Making a Complaint
If you would like to make a complaint, you may call or visit 311.
- Service 24x7
San Francisco Department of Public Health Environmental Health Branch